We will post adverts for any positions as and when available.
DCD Rights - Paralegal
DCD Rights is an international programme rights company owned by DCD Media Plc, a large UK based independent television production and distribution group with headquarters in London.
DCD Rights works with a wide range of producers and talent worldwide: selling exploitation rights to television, DVD and New Media. Our programming catalogue is a unique portfolio of high quality factual, entertainment, drama, music and arts programming.
We are looking for a bright, energetic GDL or LPC Graduate with a good degree to join the legal team and provide support to the Business Affairs Manager based at our offices in Edgware Road, North-West London.
The successful applicant will join the Business Affairs Manager within the Business Affairs team and will be responsible for assisting with a variety of legal tasks, including, but not limited to: drafting, reviewing and revising licence agreements and other legal documents as may be required from time to time, researching specific legal issues as well as programme rights best practices and reporting those findings. The paralegal will also be expected to manage rights databases, internal administrative procedures and communications, as well as take responsibility for any ad hoc duties that may arise. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working in legal and media affairs.
• Drafting basic licence agreements and other legal documents.
• Liaising with programme producers for approval of key commercial terms.
• Taking responsibility for administrative duties, including completing and filing various forms as required.
• Maintaining accurate records.
• Invoicing and assisting the Business Affairs Manager and finance department in credit control.
• Performing other tasks and special projects to assist the Business Affairs Manager as required.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively under strict deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Positive, goal-oriented outlook.
• Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
• Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary.
• Providing support to the Business Affairs Manager and the wider team.
• General administration.
• Ad hoc duties.
• Taking minutes.
• Educated to degree level, 2:1 minimum LLB or commendation GDL .
• Existing general office experience.
• Excellent verbal communication.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately, professionally and in a discreet manner.
• Interest in Media and Entertainment Law.
• Flexible approach to working hours and location, including but not limited to, for example, meetings and events at other sites.
• LPC with commendation or higher.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Experience working in a similar legal role, preferably in the Media industry.
Hours of work:
• Monday to Friday.
• 9.30am to 6pm (including 1 hour break).
Application Closing Date: 14th August 2019
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org